[Axl] [ANN] Axl Library 0.4.1 ready to download!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis at aspl.es
Thu Feb 22 16:59:52 CET 2007
# Axl Library release note: 0.4.1 #
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new Axl
Axl Library is an small and efficient XML toolkit, that will allow you
to produce efficient and clear code that interfaces with XML data.
The library was produced to support XML requirements needed by
software developed by Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
At this moment the library is being used by Vortex Library,
Af-Arch, Shaper and Fovap.
[ http://xml.aspl.es ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
This release in short
Bug fixes, added missing files and new functions implemented.
Changes from previous release 0.4.0
* [fix] Committing missing file for the namespace library
* [fix] General updates to the Makefile.win infrastructure to make Axl
library to be compiled under windows.
* [fix] Making content enclosed by <![CDATA[..]]> declarations to be
flagged as is while reading xml documents.
* [fix] added const declarations to axl_stream_to_upper_copy and
* [fix] Updated documentation for
axl_node_annotate_get_int/string/double to include a reference to the
default value returned if the key provided doesn't exists.
* [fix] Added more documentation to annotate functions describing that
annotating double/int/string values, without using the proper
function, will lead to unpredictable results.
* [fix] Added casting to the axl_factory_get function to make VC to
not complain (Reported and Fixed by Thomas Unterleitner).
* [fix] Included support o calculate how many bytes will hold a
printf-like format going to be used with vsnprintf function,
allowing to also support platform that provides a broken
implementation which just returns -1 if provided a NULL buffer
(expecting to receive the amount of memory required to allocate,
like GNU/Linux platform does). This fixes Microsoft Windows
compilation with VC and VS compiler. Internal API implemented:
Previous will only be used as a fall back when no vasprintf is
the platform and the vsnprintf function return -1 if it is requested
return the size to allocate). Added comprehensive tests to ensure
functions provided the proper values.
* [fix] Making axl_node_set_cdata_content to use memcpy instructions to
* [fix] Fixed bugs at axl_error_new function.
* [fix] Added some documentation to the axl_list_new and update
Makefile.win to include the new flag used by the library (-lm).
* [fix] Adding math library link flag to the pkg-config file.
* [fix] Added an internal definition to support long long type inside
visual studio and making axl_stream_vprintf_len to not return -1 if
an null argument is found.
* [fix] Committing an update to the axl_log to make it compilable from
* [fix] Updating export symbols file (.def) for windows.
* [new] Committing files to compile LibAxl using visual studio express
2005 (libaxl, libaxl-ns and test). Checked all tests runs properly.
* [fix] Fixed bugs inside the axl_strdup_printf family of functions.
* [fix] making axl_stream_vprintf_len to use _vscprintf under windows
platform if not used gcc as compiler.
* [fix] Updates to visual studio solution definition.
* [fix] Updating autoconf files to include visual studio files.
* [fix] Making axl_stream_vprintf_len to support a fallback method if
not found _vscprintf in the windows platform. To activate it use:
* [fix] Detecting if _vscprintf is available while compiling axl on
windows platform, and using an alternative method.
* [fix] More fixings to make axl to be compilable with Visual C 6.0
* [fix] Fixed some constant declarations.
* [fix] Committing general instructions to make Axl library to be
compiled under windows (added to the extra dist set).
* [new] Added a new function to expose an internal API that allows to
escape xml invalid chars (&, <, >, ' and "). API added:
* [new] Added a new function which allows to configure a new node
child for a parent and brother of a reference node provided:
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
Af-Arch project uses Axl library to support its XML requirements
while exchanging data between nodes.
Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organization to introduce
GNU/Linux inside its process, making other platforms to interact
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or XML based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope Axl Library help you. Enjoy Axl Library!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
22th Feb 2007, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the Axl