[Axl] [ANN] Axl Library 0.4.0 released!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis at aspl.es
Tue Jan 2 09:07:30 CET 2007
# Axl Library release note: 0.4.0 #
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new Axl
Axl Library is an small and efficient XML toolkit, that will allow you
to produce efficient and clear code that interfaces with XML data.
The library was produced to support XML requirements needed by
software developed by Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
At this moment the library is being used by Vortex Library,
Af-Arch, Shaper and Fovap.
[ http://xml.aspl.es ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
This release in short
This new release includes a complete XML Namespaces 1.0 support. It
is implemented as a separated component, on top of the base library,
allowing to use it only if required.
Many new functions has being added, including an interface to
perform iterations over axlHash and node attributes (without knowing
Fixed some bugs at the allocation code and the annotation API.
Changes from previous release 0.3.0
* [fix] Fixed axl factory allocation when the block requested is
bigger than the region hold (making access to memory not allocated).
* [fix] Added const declarations to the axl node module (functions for
* [fix] Updating axl node annotation API to use const declarations
* [fix] Fixed null reference access at axl node annotate API.
* [fix] Added new macro to access to a particular attribute value,
translating entity references. API added:
* [fix] Updated regression test to check bug fixed.
* [fix] Adding const declaration to axl_node_set_content
* [fix] Fixed axl_doc_dump* family of function which was producing
encoding header attribute to be placed after standalone declaration
which isn't correct from the W3C recommendation.
* [fix] Added a new function to get the value associated to an
attribute, trimming the result. API added:
* [fix] Removing unnecessary checks previous to call axl_free (ANSIC
and glib defines free (NULL) as a null operation). Reported by Sam
* [new] Added two new lookup functions that allows to find a child
called as provided inside all node descendants (added regression
tests to ensure API function). API added:
* [fix] Placing const declaration to axl_node_create.
* [fix] Added some macro definitions to support both namings inside
the annotate API which is using one single "n" for the annotate
verb. Updated axl documentation to include this fix and updated axl
node internals to use annotate where possible without breaking
interfaces. (suggestion from Elliotte Harold).
* [fix] Integrating all tests done to the library into a single test
* [fix] Removed integrated test (test_02.c and test_03.c).
* [fix] Updating axl hash internals to use AxlFactory to allocate
nodes holding data rather calling system malloc.
* [new] Added a new API to the axl hash module to make linear
iterations other the content inside (axlHashCursor). API added:
- axlHashCursor (type definition)
* [fix] Adding initial files to implement namespace support.
* [fix] Fixed bugs inside new axl hash cursor interface and fixed bug
inside axl_hash_remove (the function wasn't decreasing elements
inside the hash table once removed from it).
* [new] Added a new API to allow doing iterations over attributes
installed on a particular node in a linear way. API added:
- axlAttrCursor (type)
* [fix] Updated regression tests to check new axl node attribute
* [fix] Updated documentation to show better new APIs that are
optional to the axl node module (axl attr iteration and axl node
* [fix] Added two new tests to check the Axl Namespace API. (test_26
and test_27). Works nice!!!
* [new] Finished initial implementation for axl_ns_doc_validate, which
allows to check namespace rules to be properly used for a valid xml
* [new] Added new function to check node names (tags) in a namespace
manner. Also added function to check if a node name is prefixed. API
- AXL_IS_PREFIXED (alias)
* [fix] making axl_node_cmp_name to return a const value.
* [new] Added new function to allow checking if a node has attributes
installed. API added:
* [fix] Making axl_node_attr_cursor_next to check cursor status before
* [fix] Finished defaulting support for namespaces.
* [fix] Added regression test to check namespace defaulting.
* [new] Added lookup API found at the axl node but not namespace
aware. Function added:
* [new] Updated regression test to check namespace lookup API.
* [new] Added missing function to the node namespace API. API added:
* [fix] Committing general update to the documentation to include
references to the Axl Library XML Namespace support.
* [fix] Fixed axl stream module documentation and updated axl web.
* [fix] Doing changes to the source code to make it able to be
compiled without ns support, deactivating those tests for ns.
* [fix] Updated axl library reference manual.
* [fix] Committing windows makefile for axl namespaces.
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
Af-Arch project uses Axl library to support its XML requirements
while exchanging data between nodes.
Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organization to introduce
GNU/Linux inside its process, making other platforms to interact
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or XML based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope Axl Library help you. Enjoy Axl Library!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
2th Jan 2006, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the Axl