[Axl] Problem reading xml file

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Fri Nov 16 14:00:33 CET 2007

Hi,

There was some intention in the past, but it lost momentum. Maybe it is
a good time to recover it.

Following the ideas behind this issue, the intention was to implement a
separated library (libaxl-zlib) which would implement the zlib support,
creating the library dependency only with this (not with base library
libaxl).

Then, this library, apart from providing a new set of functions to
open/dump compressed documents, will configure a set of handlers at the
base library to allow axl stream to perform prebuffer/read operations
using gzopen, gzread and so....

The zlib support will require not only to implement the libaxl-zlib
component, but also will require to extend the axl stream api to accept
and use extern I/O handlers that will perform all read/write operations.

Cheers!

> I don't get any error anymore loading the file, thanks.
> Are there plans on adding compression support (zlib?) to axl?
>
> Thx,

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.