[Axl] [ANN] Axl Library 0.5.1 'La torre de babel' is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis.brosnan at aspl.es
Mon May 12 19:17:39 CEST 2008
# Axl Library #
# La torre de babel #
# 0.5.1 #
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new Axl
Axl Library is an small and efficient XML toolkit, written in ANSI C,
and released under the LGPL, that will allow you to produce efficient
and clear code that interfaces with XML data.
The library was produced to support XML requirements needed by
software developed by Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
At this moment the library is being used by Vortex Library, Af-Arch,
Turbulence, Shaper and Fovap.
[ http://www.aspl.es/xml ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
This release in short
Next major stable release. Base library (libaxl) was updated to
allow configuring a set of external handler that allows to perform
run-time buffered decode operations. This was used to implement
libaxl-babel, the foundation to give Axl Library support for more
encoding formats than utf-8.
Fixed several bugs at the library and some improvements were
implemented on axl-knife (like producing a C inline representation
for a DTD).
Benoit Amiaux (report memory leaks on document load failure).
Dave Dribin (report and fix compilation errors on Mac OS).
Changes from previous release 0.4.14
* [new] Finished support for iso-8859-8 inside axl babel. Updated
* [fix] Updated documentation (new encoding support and some tips to
check axl build by using regression test).
* [new] Added support for iso-8859-7 into babel and updated regression
test to check it.
* [fix] Making axl babel to not export encoding header because they
are only used internally.
* [new] Added support for iso-8859-6 to axl babel. Updated regression
test to check it.
* [new] Added support for iso-8859-5 encoding inside axl babel.
* [new] Added support to babel for iso-8859-4 encoding.
* [new] Added support for iso-8859-3 encoding format inside axl babel.
Updated regression test to check this new format supported. Updated
* [fix] Added initial documentation to explain how to use axl babel
* [new] Updating axl error module to include a new to produce axlError
reporting without including axlStream parameter, and allowing
printf-like arguments. API added:
* [fix] Updated documentation.
* [fix] Renaming libaxl_ns_LDADD and libaxl_babel_LDADD, changing
LDADD with LIBADD. Error reported by Dave Dribin, while compiling at
* [fix] Committing changes to Makefile.am to also export _axl symbols.
Added missing libaxl-babel.def file.
* [fix] Added explicit references to ../src/libaxl.la object from
babel/ and ns/ directory.
* [fix] Fixing minor comparison axl_babel_check_utf8_content.
* [fix] Fixing babel bug which wasn't detecting codification for utf-8
like documents without xml header declaration. Updated regression
test to reproduce and check the fix introduced.
* [fix] Fixed memory leaks associated to document loading on
situations where the document is erroneous an its unbalanced at the
end or the encode detection func fails. Fixes integrated into
RT. Reported by Benoit Amiaux.
* [fix] Updated regression test to check latest bug found at
axl_stream_check_content and support to load large utf-8 files
without content declaration.
* [fix] Fixed bug inside axl_stream_content_check.
* [fix] Making axl stream to not nullify error reference at
* [fix] Making axl doc module to detect a proper encoding
configuration and reconfigure document encoding declaration into
utf-8 to avoid future problems with other APIs like axl_doc_dump*
* [fix] Committing changes to compile all the platform..
* [new] Committing changes to produce a pkg-config file for axl-babel
and updating documentation.
* [new] Updated axl stream engine to allow configuring an external
handler that allows to check content that goes to the application
buffer. This is now used to implement utf-8 checks from
axl-babel. API added:
- axl_stream_content_check (internal)
- axlStreamContentCheck (handler)
* [fix] implemented internal content check for utf-8 files.
* [fix] Updating regression tests..
* [fix] Extended regression test to check wrong utf-8 content.
* [new] Committing support for iso-8859-9 encoding..
* [fix] Updated regression test to check babel support for iso-8859-9.
* [new] Adding files to add support for iso-8859-2 to babel.
* [fix] Committing changes to regression test to check iso-8859-2
* [fix] Adding to babel support for iso-8859-1.
* [fix] Updated regression test to support iso-8859-1 encoding.
* [fix] Updating main configure.ac and Makefile.am file to check and
build babel. By default enabled as it do not require external
* [new] Updating regression test to check initial babel features
(test_41). Adding documents required by tests.
* [new] Finished initial support to connect a set of handler to
perform run-time decoding of xml documents opened. GREAT!
* [fix] Updated axl stream API to include new functions to support
previous feature. API added:
- axl_stream_decode (internal)
* [new] Committing first fully working implementation of libaxl-babel,
the component that will provide extended format support to axl base
library. Added initial support to translate iso-8859-15 content into
utf-8 as a plug-in to the axl stream decoder support. API added:
- axlBabelTable (type)
* [new] Updated axl stream API to include a function that allows to
check for the numeric value at the stream header:
* [new] Added two new handlers to make codification handling to be
plug-able and external to the base library. API added:
- axlDocDetectCodification (handler)
- axlDocConfigureCodification (handler)
* [fix] moving all files to utf-8 codification and committing some
* [fix] Committing initial implementation to support codifications
inside axl. Work in progress.... Updated regression test file to be
codified using utf-8.
* [new] Added new function to axl stream module that allows to remove
some particular string on a given string. API added:
* [fix] Committing test files to regression test 41.
* [fix] Fixed wrong handling for nodes with only content while dumping
xml content using pretty functions. Updated regression test to check
* [fix] Fixed bug at axl_doc_dump* functions which was causing to not
dump comments included at the root level. Updated regression test to
check this and the previous bug fix.
* [fix] Making axl_doc_dump* functions to not include new white spaces
if the comment is found to have starting white spaces (avoid content
* [fix] Updated documentation to include some references to axl-knife.
* [new] Added support to the tool to detect if input file is newer
than output file (--ifnewer) avoiding to recreate it.
* [fix] Fixed bug inside DTD parsing which was causing to not properly
handle attribute values inside ATTLIST.
* [fix] Fixed wrong handling while calling to axl_stream_get_until_zero
for streams opened from a file.
* [fix] Updated axl regression test to produce new dtd inline files
and to check them for its proper parsing. Nice!!
* [new] axl-knife: Added initial implementation to produce a C inline
representation from a DTD document, allowing to include the DTD
inside the code in an easy way.
* [new] Updated axl dtd module API to include a function that allows
to check if two dtd documents loaded are equal. Updated regression
test to check this feature.
* [fix] Updated regression test to check support for inline dtd
* [fix] Added internal check for temporal buffer used inside axl
* [fix] Making axl_hash_get to directly return NULL if empty hash is
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
Af-Arch project uses Axl library to support its XML requirements
while exchanging data between nodes.
Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organization to introduce
GNU/Linux inside its process, making other platforms to interact
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or XML based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope Axl Library help you. Enjoy Axl Library!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
12th may 2008, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the Axl