[Axl] binary data in xml

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue Jun 16 09:39:56 CEST 2009

> Hi,

Hi Maik,

> I have a short question about storing raw binary data inside the xml.

Ok,

> 1. does the axl api support something like a pointer and a size for the
> value ?

It depends on how you want to store such content. It may require from
you to do some marshalling/unmarshalling to properly store the content
and the size associated.

Maybe you can provide more details about the operation you have in mind
so I can be more specific.

> 2. does axl support CDATA sections ?

Sure. CDATA support is provided using:

- axl_node_set_cdata_content
http://www.aspl.es/xml/html/group__axl__node__module_g3eecc764f6ce874a4b0a7ecca843f915.html#g3eecc764f6ce874a4b0a7ecca843f915

In fact CDATA support provided by axl can hold any binary data including
CDATA termination ]]> which is detected and properly escaped before
placing the content into the node.

In the other hand, axl properly unmarshalls CDATA content having in mind
this support when you call to axl_node_get_content.
http://www.aspl.es/xml/html/group__axl__node__module_g61e95ef4a2d3e05b0f6973513c79c126.html#g61e95ef4a2d3e05b0f6973513c79c126

Let me know if this solves your problem Maik. Cheers!

> THX
> Maik
ASPL