[Beepwg] [ANN] Turbulence 0.5.5 'You shook me all night long LIVE!' is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis en aspl.es
Mie Ene 4 14:22:32 CET 2012
-= Turbulence 0.5.5 =-
"You shook me all night long LIVE!"
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce Turbulence
0.5.5 "You shook me all night long LIVE!" release: an open source
BEEP application server, written on top of Vortex Library 1.1.
Turbulence is a BEEP server extensible through modules which allows
to implement server side profiles that are used and combined later
with other profiles through run time configuration.
Turbulence is written to make it easy to develop and deploy BEEP
profiles, allowing developers to provide a convenient configuration
interface to site administrators and end users.
Check out the following links to get ready with Turbulence:
[Vortex Library homepage]
[Sources and binaries]
[BEEP Core community web site]
[Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
The release in short
MOD-PYTHON: improved integration by using new support from vortex to
provide a handler that is called regularly when a Python
handler is taking to long to finish. This allows
developers and administrators to better track down
problems with python applications.
MOD-TLS: improved error reporting by using new support from
vortex to register a handler that is called when a TLS
handshake fails. Now it is easier to get information
about connecting BEEP peers that are failing to enable
ENGINE: Fixed some bugs at the core library (libturbulence).
Changes since the 0.5.4
* [fix] Updated mod-tls to use failure handler support from vortex tls
module to better report TLS failure errors.
* [fix] Fixed compilation warnings at py_turbulence_ctx.c due to
* [fix] Releasing and reacquiring lock before calling to broadcast msg
inside turbulence conn mgr. This is to avoid dead locks caused by
filter function that may call again turbulence conn mgr API (which
is already locked).
* [new] Updated engine to not wait for threads to finish on exit using
new vortex support to do so. Added new command line option to obtain
old behavior (--wait-thread-pool).
* [new] Updated mod-python to register a handler for too long
execution notifications. This will ease finding problems caused by
python handlers that are taking too long to finish (or never
* [fix] Moving ahead turbulence version..
* [fix] Making mod-python turbulence.Ctx.broadcast_msg to not acquire
python GIL when called filter user function because it already owns
* [fix] Making turbulence_conn_mgr_broadcast_msg to release internal
mutex when called user defined filter function. This will allow
turbulence conn mgr API reentrancy. Added reg test to check feature
* [fix] Committing initial file.sup (valgrind suppression file).
* [fix] Updated file.sup to include more python suppressions.
* [fix] Fixed wrong buffer size indication inside
* [fix] Removed several unused variables and fixed some Makefile.am
missing references to VORTEX_LIBS.
Advanced Software Production Line provides GNU/Linux support and
consulting services to help organizations to introduce GNU/Linux
inside its process.
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or BEEP based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info en aspl.es
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis en aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
04th Jan 2012, Madrid (Spain)
Más información sobre la lista de distribución Beepwg