[Ext-dns] [ANN] ext-dns 0.3.1 'In you are in doubt, leave it out' release is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis en aspl.es
Jue Mar 7 13:25:34 CET 2013
--== ext-Dns toolkit ==--
If you are in doubt, leave it out
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
public release of ext-Dns toolkit.
ext-Dns is a ready to use toolkit that includes a core-library, a
ready to use forward DNS server and some additional tools that will
allow you building DNS solutions that performs additional operations
when a request is received.
[ http://www.aspl.es/ext-dns ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
This release in short
- EXT-DNSD: Improved ext-Dnsd server to restart childs in the case
they die. Also added support to watch child status to kill them
in the case they take too much time to finish. Added support to
see current server state through /var/run/ext-dns.status. Fixed
some problems while using the cache. Added support to queue
pending requests that can't be handled because all childs are
busy, but with a configurable limit, dropping the rest of the
- LIB-EXTDNS: Several bugs and memory leaks were corrected. Added new
API functions to ease adding records to query replies.
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Updated ext-dns-query to do query operations using new API
provided by core library. Updated the tool to allow implementing
flooding operations against a DNS server.
* [fix] Several memory leaks were fixed inside ext-dnsd.
* [fix] Making the package to not provide an ext-dns.conf by default.
* [fix] Updated signal handling inside ext-dnsd.
* [fix] Fixed comment inside ext-dnsd, while holding the server.
* [fix] Added signal handling to ext-dnsd to allow controlling what to
when they are received.
* [new] Updated ext-dnsd to handle MX, NS and SOA records through
* [new] Several updates were applied to the base C library to include
support to easily add or create reply NS, MX or SOA records to a DNS
reply. API added:
* [fix] Added lot of mising documention to the C API.
* [new] Updated ext-dnsD server to allow multiple replies to the same
question (name: and ipv4:).
* [new] Updated ext dns message API to include new functions
to update reply content. API added:
* [fix] Updated cache stats to also report cache access and cache
hits. Making ext-dnsd to also provide this information through the
* [fix] Fixed cache usage. It was broken (uupps).
* [fix] Added support to ext-dnsd to queue and later handle pending
requests when all children are busy. NICE!
* [new] Updated ext-dnsd code to provide more stats about requests
received, request served and failures found.
* [new] Several updates to make the ext-dnsd server to detect childs
not working and to kill and restart a new child. Also added code to
detect child taking to long to finish command sent to kill them in
the case timeout is reached.
* [new] Updated ext-dnsd server to create an status file where various
elements are recorded so an administrator can check what's happening
with ext-dnsd. Nice!!
* [fix] Updated web files..
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organization to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info en aspl.es
We hope ext-Dns may be useful you. Enjoy ext-Dns toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis en aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
7th Mar 2013, Madrid (Spain)
Más información sobre la lista de distribución Ext-dns