[noPoll] [ANN] noPoll 0.2.7 "Panic station" is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez
francis en aspl.es
Mar Nov 11 16:59:25 CET 2014
--== noPoll toolkit ==--
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
release of the noPoll toolkit.
noPoll is a OpenSource WebSocket implementation (RFC 6455), written in
ANSI C, that allows building pure WebSocket solutions or to provide
WebSocket support to existing TCP oriented applications.
Commercially supported, noPoll was written to have a clean, easy to
use and integrate library. It is released under the terms of LGPL 2.1
(so you can build OpenSource or commercial applications) and currently
is being heavily used by Vortex Library, Turbulence and Core-Admin to
provide WebSocket support to those projects (some of them using BEEP
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll ]
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/commercial.html ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
Featured project: Core-Admin
[ http://www.core-admin.com ]
This release in short
New stable release that includes various corrections. Added new API
to allow configuring TLS protocol.
- Kevin Sucre (various socket error handling updates to make them work
with VS win32 compilers)
- Félix Faisant (updates on automake/autoconf to compile without
- Emmanuel Puig (various corrections while receiving a masked frame
with two or more read operations and proper length handling when
frame indication is 127).
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Added memset operation at nopoll_listener functions to avoid
* [fix] Several modifications to make the library to compilable
directly using c++. Updated socket error handling to work on win32
using vs compilers. Fixed some memory error reporting by valgrind at
reg tests (nothing wrong at noPoll's engine). Thanks Kevin Sucre
for reporting win32 issue.
* [fix] More changes to use NOPOLL_INVALID_SOCKET instead of -1 to
better support win32 platform (as reported by Kevin Sucre).
* [fix] Updated nopoll_msg_get_payload to return a const unsigned char
* instead of a const noPollPTr which seems to be causing problems..
* [fix] Fixed regression test to ensure it is properly checked the
right reference while starting listeners..
* [new] Added on ready handler support to notify at server side when
the connection is fully ready to start sending content. API added:
* [new] General update to make noPoll API to support SSL method
configurations so it can support now SSLv3, TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 or a
combination of them. Added an initial API to allow configuring
connection options. API added:
- noPollSslProtocol (NOPOLL_METHOD_SSLV23, NOPOLL_METHOD_SSLV3,
Added regression test (test 19) to check support added.
* [fix] Several updates to avoid building TLSv1.1 when it is not
* [fix] Fixed automake option (--Werror -> -Werror). Reported by
* [fix] Replaced INCLUDES by AM_CPPFLAGS inside Makefile.am files
(proposed by Felix Faisant).
* [fix] autoconf voodoo updates proposed by Felix Faisant
* [fix] Some updates to better report mime parse errors.... and fixed
a possible memory leak at mime handling when error happens.
* [fix] More debug to detect wrong mime handling..
* [fix] More debug to mime header parsing..
* [fix] Fixed nopoll_conn_log_ssl to avoid buffer overrun when openssl
does not provide the format expected.
* [fix] Applied patch by Emmanuel Puig to fix payload size handling
when using extended payload (len == 127). Also fixes when to reads
ops happens. Thanks for reporting Emmanuel, fine work!
* [fix] Updating version..
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organization to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info en aspl.es
We hope noPoll may be useful you. Enjoy noPoll toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis en aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
11th Nov 2014, Madrid (Spain)
Más información sobre la lista de distribución noPoll