[noPoll] [ANN] noPoll 0.3.2 'Enter the ninja' is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez
francis en aspl.es
Vie Ago 28 16:44:06 CEST 2015
--== noPoll toolkit ==--
Enter the ninja
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
release of the noPoll toolkit.
noPoll is a OpenSource WebSocket implementation (RFC 6455), written in
ANSI C, that allows building pure WebSocket solutions or to provide
WebSocket support to existing TCP oriented applications.
Commercially supported, noPoll was written to have a clean, easy to
use and integrate library. It is released under the terms of LGPL 2.1
(so you can build OpenSource or commercial applications) and currently
is being heavily used by Vortex Library, Turbulence and Core-Admin to
provide WebSocket support to those projects (some of them using BEEP
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll ]
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/commercial.html ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
Featured project: Core-Admin
[ http://www.core-admin.com ]
This release in short
- Implemented get close reason and close status when it is reported
by remote peer. Added support to close a connection sending a close
status and a close reason.
- Added/Fixed FreeBSD support (ENOTCONN handling). Added FreeBSD
- Various compilation fixes were resolved (clang) and other minor
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Fixed FreeBSD support. ENOTCONN wasn't handled on connection.
For some reason socket API is reported ENOTCONN when the should be
reporting EINPROGRESS or EWOULDBLOCK
* [fix] Updated log handler reporting so it is triggering when a user
handler is configured via nopoll_log_set_handler (even in the case log
reporting is disabled).
* [fix] Added new option call --show-only-critical to regression tests
client to show only critical messages.
* [fix] Updated noPoll internal handling to support close frames with
body content so remote peer status and reason are now available to API
consumers. A new couple of functions are now available to these
Still need more work to check and add a regression test..
* [fix] Updated nopoll_conn_wait_util_connection_ready uses
nopoll_conn_is_ok() and the end of the function and the result
reported is linked to its results..
* [new] Updated noPoll conn API to include a new function to allow
closing a connection, sending an error message and an error code along
* [fix] Added regression test (test_28) to check connection close frame
with status and reason to check functions added:
Everything working as expected..
* [fix] Added support to provide FreeBSD packages (for now 9.X
* [fix] Fixed warnings reported by clang...gcc didn't notice them :-??
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info en aspl.es
We hope noPoll may be useful you. Enjoy noPoll toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis en aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
28th Aug 2015, Madrid (Spain)
Más información sobre la lista de distribución noPoll