[noPoll] [ANN] noPoll 0.4.3 'Tenacious D vs The Devil' is ready for download!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez
francis.brosnan en aspl.es
Jue Dic 15 20:30:05 CET 2016
--== noPoll toolkit ==--
Tenacious D vs The Devil
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
release of the noPoll toolkit.
noPoll is a OpenSource WebSocket implementation (RFC 6455), written in
ANSI C, that allows building pure WebSocket solutions or to provide
WebSocket support to existing TCP oriented applications.
Commercially supported, noPoll was written to have a clean, easy to
use and integrate library. It is released under the terms of LGPL 2.1
(so you can build OpenSource or commercial applications) and currently
is being heavily used by Vortex Library, Turbulence and Core-Admin to
provide WebSocket support to those projects (some of them using BEEP
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll ]
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/commercial.html ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
Featured project: Core-Admin
[ http://www.core-admin.com ]
This release in short
- Added IPv6 support
- Updated DNS code to use thread safe and newer getaddrinfo
- Javier Celaya & Sergio Lopez (provided patch for connection
functions reusing already connected socket).
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Added buffer size indication when cookie ending char fails..
* [fix] Increased default nopoll buffer size to process incoming
handshakes from 1024 to 8192. Created variable to better control
this from nopoll_decl.h
* [fix] Several updates applied to nopoll-conn module to add client
support for IPv6. Added two new APIs and reorganized internal code
to share as much as possible:
* [fix] Updated DNS/host resolution code to use getaddrinfo (),
removing all calls to gethostbyname (to avoid possible race
* [fix] Updated nopoll-listener module to include support for
IPv6. Added several new APIs:
* [fix] Updated nopoll-listener module to replace code calling to
gethostbyname by newer, thread safe, getaddrinfo...
* [fix] Updated noPoll regression test to check new funcitons for IPv6
support. Everything working and valgrind checked..
* [fix] Added new definition to support Transports (ipv4 and ipv6)..
* [fix] Fixed minor changes to build nopoll for freebsd..
* [fix] API to open websocket with existing socket (sergio.lopez). Add
two functions, nopoll_conn_new_with_socket and
nopoll_conn_tls_new_with_socket, to open a websocket connection over
an already existing socket.
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info en aspl.es
We hope noPoll may be useful you. Enjoy noPoll toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis en aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
15th Dec 2016, Madrid (Spain)
Más información sobre la lista de distribución noPoll