[noPoll] [ANN] noPoll 0.4.1 'God save the queen' is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez
francis.brosnan en aspl.es
Lun Mayo 23 21:13:56 CEST 2016
--== noPoll toolkit ==--
God save the queen
(sex pixtol's style)
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
release of the noPoll toolkit.
noPoll is a OpenSource WebSocket implementation (RFC 6455), written in
ANSI C, that allows building pure WebSocket solutions or to provide
WebSocket support to existing TCP oriented applications.
Commercially supported, noPoll was written to have a clean, easy to
use and integrate library. It is released under the terms of LGPL 2.1
(so you can build OpenSource or commercial applications) and currently
is being heavily used by Vortex Library, Turbulence and Core-Admin to
provide WebSocket support to those projects (some of them using BEEP
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll ]
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/commercial.html ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
Featured project: Core-Admin
[ http://www.core-admin.com ]
This release in short
- Added official packages for Ubuntu Xenial 16.04, Debian Jessie,
FreeBSD 10.X and Raspbian Wheezy
- Moved connect timeout API to public
- Dmex reported pong frames aren't properly masked (fixed)
- Neil Kolban (reported wrong signature issues at the documentation)
- Rami Rosenbaum (reported missing headers for conn timeout)
- Weston Schmidt (added support for binding to a particular
interface, added support to send arbitrary HTTP headers)
- Rahul Kale (reported an issue with splitted headers).
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Fixed debian files to include nopoll_conn_opts.h into the
* [fix] Bug reported by Dmex where pong frames aren't properly
configured (mask option) when sent by clients..
* [fix] Making nopoll_conn_send_ping to return
nopoll_true/nopoll_false according to the status..
* [fix] Corrected signature at nopoll's manual (reported by Neil
* [fix] Moved to the header missing public functions:
(Reported by Rami Rosenbaum)
* [fix] Updated nopoll_conn.c to include more documentation
* [fix] More notes about nopoll_conn_new (connect timeout..)..
* [fix] Updated documentation to properly reference
http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/downloads instead of
code.google.com. Added reference to ./autogen.sh to prepare sources
if SVN/GIT is used.
* [fix] Updated free bsd build scripts to support more archs..
* [fix] Adding files to support FreeBSD 10 amd..
* [fix] Fixed warnings at nopoll-regression-client.c (FreeBSD 10 i386)
* [fix] Added some additional notes to explain freebsd/ directory
* [fix] Updated noPoll' connection API to include an option to skip
Origin header check during connection. API added:
* [fix] Fixed regression test which shows a false positive error when
used under slow systems like raspberry
* [fix] Updated web references to include notes about using Raspbian..
* [fix] Updated makefiles to control gcc compiler for w64 (windows)
* [new ] Add binding interface option to connection and add
nopoll_conn_sock_connect_opts() to not break consumers of
* [new] Adding the ability to send arbitrary HTTP headers to a server.
This doesn't add the ability to process arbitrary headers as a
* [fix] Changed ERROR for WARNING message in
* [fix] Making max ssl retries (for nopoll_conn) to try for 10 seconds
instead of just 1 second (which is too short by default for most of
the servers). This only affects client side code
* [fix] Added additional code to avoid printing unallocated memory
when wrong headers are sent and debug code is enable..
* [fix] Removing printing buffer received when wrong mime
headers are received..
* [fix] fixed broken connection problem caused by some WebSocket
clients that send headers using different send operations (rather
than one single operation) causing the header to be received
splitted. Added regression test_30 to reproduce the problem and
check fix introduced. Problem reported by Rahul Kale (barco.com)
* [fix] Adding support for Ubuntu Xenial 16.0
* [fix] Added initial files to compile jessie..
* [fix] Several updates to detect when __nopoll_conn_get_ssl_context
fails to report a valid SSL_CTX (fixed updated test_19).
* [fix] Updated header read handling to support all cases when a
splitted/broken header is received. Added regression tests test_31,
test_32, test_33, test_34 and test_35 to simulate and support
different scenarios where part of the header is received and then
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info en aspl.es
We hope noPoll may be useful you. Enjoy noPoll toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis en aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
23th May 2016, Madrid (Spain)
Más información sobre la lista de distribución noPoll