[noPoll] [ANN] noPoll 0.4.5 'Excuse me while I run' is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez
francis.brosnan en aspl.es
Lun Ago 21 11:21:39 CEST 2017
--== noPoll toolkit ==--
Excuse me while I run
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
release of the noPoll toolkit.
noPoll is a OpenSource WebSocket implementation (RFC 6455), written in
ANSI C, that allows building pure WebSocket solutions or to provide
WebSocket support to existing TCP oriented applications.
Commercially supported, noPoll was written to have a clean, easy to
use and integrate library. It is released under the terms of LGPL 2.1
(so you can build OpenSource or commercial applications) and currently
is being heavily used by Vortex Library, Turbulence and Core-Admin to
provide WebSocket support to those projects (some of them using BEEP
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll ]
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/commercial.html ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
Featured project: Core-Admin
[ http://www.core-admin.com ]
This release in short
- New stable release with several corrections.
- Florian Fainelli (reported and fixed clash with isset, sys/param.h
- Camille Oudot (reported and fixed use EVP_MD_CTX as opaque type).
- github.com/@jackyzy823 (reported avoid allocating when WinSocket
fails to init and "masking" ping according to role).
- github.com/@rfish001 (reported Fixed wrong listener7 check at reg
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Updated config.mk.example to include linking indications for
* [fix] Updated nopoll-regression-client.c to define ETIMEDOUT in case
it is not
available (windows platform).
* [fix] Fixed compilation failure (nopoll_listener.c) while compiling on
and having debug disabled.
* Add .gitignore file
* [fix] Avoid clashes with isset() from sys/param.h (Reported and
fixed by florian.fainelli). Merge pull request #26 from
ffainelli/param. Add .gitignore and avoid clashes with sys/param.h
isset while building with an external toolchain for OpenWrt/LEDE
(reported and fixed by Florian Fainelli
* [fix] Corrected nopoll_conn_flush_writes documentation (wrong time
and explain better reported values).
* [fix] Making nopoll_conn_flush_writes to also check for
* [fix] Making nopoll_conn_send_frame to clear
to 0 when it is detected enough was written to include the header so
nopoll_conn_flush_writes do not reporting bytes (user land)
* [fix] Improved nopoll-regression-client (test-04-c) to avoid calling
to flush pending writes when there's nothing and to check that
pending + written equals to requested in order to signal precisely
what's happening. Making the code to also report this values so
developer can see what's going on.
* [fix] openssl 1.1: use EVP_MD_CTX as opaque type (fixed by
camille.oudot). Merge pull request #27 from
camilleoudot/compat_openssl_1.1. openssl 1.1: use EVP_MD_CTX as
opaque type (OpenSSL 1.1 API change fix by github.com/camilleoudot
* [fix] Making nopoll_conn_opts_new to setup result->ssl_protocol with
the default higher TLS method available.
* [fix] Several updates to nopoll_conn module to make tls flexible
method available in those platforms with OpenSSL 1.1.0, trying to
remove rest of the deprecated apis to avoid compilation problems..
* [fix] Updated nopoll-regression-client.c to better detect and
deprecate TLS flexible API (debian stretch)
* [fix] Fixing compilation errors at debian lenny..
* [fix] Making nopoll_ctx_new to avoid allocating when WinSocket fails
to init (Reported by github.com/jackyzy823 Closes
* [fix] fixed wrong reference to NOPOLL_METHOD_TLSV1_2
* [fix] Fixed wrong listener7 (port 1240 running tlsv12) check. Closes
https://github.com/ASPLes/nopoll/issues/30 Reported by
* [fix] Fixed PING frames to support ping frames with 0 payload.
* [fix] Updated nopoll_conn_log_ssl to detect known errors to report
better error messages.
* [fix] Updated TLS method selection to report (log) what is the
method selected. Updated code to use by default flexible and
stronger selection algorithms
* [fix] Reorganised ping frame handling to automatically respond when
using message based API (nopoll_msg_get_next) not only stream based
* [fix] Fixed nopoll_conn_send_ping. Added regression test (test_02-b)
to check ping support.
* [fix] Updated client regression test to include new test (test-02-b)
to test client side ping support.
* [fix] Updated client regression test to avoid checking sslv23 when
Openssl is too new.
* [fix] updated nopoll-regression-common.h to include additional
headers required by test19 reg test.
* [fix] Updated documentation recommendation about FD_SETSIZE..
* [fix] Updated nopoll_io_wait_select_add_to code to detect when
FD_SETSIZE is about to be reached to avoid breaking but reporting
* [fix] Updated nopoll_conn_send_ping to flag "masked" according to
role. Reported by https://github.com/jackyzy823
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info en aspl.es
We hope noPoll may be useful you. Enjoy noPoll toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis en aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
21th Aug 2017, Madrid (Spain)
------------ próxima parte ------------
Se ha borrado un adjunto en formato HTML...
Más información sobre la lista de distribución noPoll