[noPoll] nopoll_loop_wait(ctx,0) unexpectedly exited

Tony Mountifield tony en softins.co.uk
Mar Sep 19 12:51:38 CEST 2017

I just had a strange occurrence, and wondered how to go about understanding it.

I have a websocket thread that calls nopoll_loop_wait(ctx,0), which I expected
to continue running until another thread calls nopoll_loop_stop(ctx) as part
of the process termination.

Today, while testing, nopoll_look_wait() had been running fine, but then exited
when I closed one of the accepted connections. I hadn't captured the return status,
but will add code to do that for next time.

I am certain nopoll_loop_stop() had not been called, so I was wondering if there
is any other reason nopoll_loop_wait(ctx,0) would exit after running fine for a time?

I've only ever seen it happen the once.

I'll dig into the code, but wanted to ask here for ideas!

Thanks,
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield