[noPoll] [ANN] noPoll 0.4.6 'The Prophecy' is ready for download!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez
francis.brosnan at aspl.es
Thu Mar 1 12:12:26 CET 2018
--== noPoll toolkit ==--
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
release of the noPoll toolkit.
noPoll is a OpenSource WebSocket implementation (RFC 6455), written in
ANSI C, that allows building pure WebSocket solutions or to provide
WebSocket support to existing TCP oriented applications.
Commercially supported, noPoll was written to have a clean, easy to
use and integrate library. It is released under the terms of LGPL 2.1
(so you can build OpenSource or commercial applications) and currently
is being heavily used by Vortex Library, Turbulence and Core-Admin to
provide WebSocket support to those projects (some of them using BEEP
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll ]
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/commercial.html ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
Featured project: Core-Admin
[ http://www.core-admin.com ]
This release in short
Stable release with bug fixes and corrections.
- Tony Mountifield (reported issues with nopoll_loop_wait
documentation, provided patch for range fds check before FD_SET,
provided patches to have different mutexes for conn reference and
conn handshake, patches to handle errors on recursive calls to
- Morel Bérenger (reported issues with nopoll_conn_new_with_socket
- Weston Schmidt (provided patches to handle 1005 and 1006 error
- Selvam Krish @selvamKrish (provided initial patches to send PONG
same PING application).
- Ramki A. @cableramki (provided patches for autogen.sh to work with
- @dspname (provided indications to move nopoll_win32_init after
nopoll_new on windows).
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Updated nopoll_loop_wait to report -3 and -4 to indicate
timeout reached and to indicate I/O wait engine failure. This way,
caller can catch these codes and implement recovery and any other
policy. Added documentation to explain how to use this.
Thanks for Tony Mountifield (reported the problem).
* [fix] Adding some additional documentation to
nopoll_conn_new_with_socket (with help by Morel Bérenger)
* [fix] Updated nopoll_conn_get_msg to explain that the function do
not block by default and if it does, is because socket associated is
not configured to avoid blocking.
* [fix] Range check fds before using for FD_SET or FD_ISSET
Merge pull request #35 from softins/fdset-range-check (by Tony
Mountifield @softins ).
* [fix] Moved call to nopoll_win32_init after nopoll_new (noPollCtx)
is done. Closes https://github.com/ASPLes/nopoll/issues/37
Reported by @dspname
* [fix] Add close status values of 1006 and 1005 (by @weston.smidth).
* [fix] Updated Test21 regression test to include debug information to
explain how this test is related to client.pem, server.pem and
root.pem and that there is an script that can be used to refresh
* [fix] Refreshed expired certificates for nopoll's regression test21.
* [fix] Added new mutexes to handle handshake instead of using ref_mutex
calls to nopoll_conn_ref are possible inside on_ready handler.
This also solves other calls to handlers like on_open. This closes
Separate handshake_mutex from ref_mutex in noPollConn. Fixes #43
* [fix] Fixes to __nopoll_conn_receive() and nopoll_conn_get_msg() by
@softins __nopoll_conn_receive(): Check error return on recursive
call. Check conn->receive for all negative returns (both -1 and
-2). Remove write outside the supplied buffer.
nopoll_conn_get_msg(): Add string terminator only at end of
* [fix] Reworked patch by @selvamKrish reported at PR:
https://github.com/ASPLes/nopoll/pull/42 to send PONG response to
PING frame with message content. Updated PR to avoid nopoll_logging
application data received because it might be binary and can break
vprintfk causing SEGFAULT and similar problems..
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope noPoll may be useful you. Enjoy noPoll toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
1th Mar 2018, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the noPoll