[noPoll] [ANN] noPoll 0.4.7 'Stormwind' is ready for download!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez
francis.brosnan at aspl.es
Tue Oct 27 13:21:38 CET 2020
--== noPoll toolkit ==--
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new stable
release of the noPoll toolkit.
noPoll is a OpenSource WebSocket implementation (RFC 6455), written in
ANSI C, that allows building pure WebSocket solutions or to provide
WebSocket support to existing TCP oriented applications.
Commercially supported, noPoll was written to have a clean, easy to
use and integrate library. It is released under the terms of LGPL 2.1
(so you can build OpenSource or commercial applications) and currently
is being heavily used by Vortex Library, Turbulence and Core-Admin to
provide WebSocket support to those projects (some of them using BEEP
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll ]
[ http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/commercial.html ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
Featured project: Core-Admin
[ http://www.core-admin.com ]
This release in short
- Stable release with bug fixing, support for Debian Stretch and
- Javier Celaya [github.com/jcelaya] (warn about incomplet
- @qianqiangliu [github.com/qianqiangliu] (format parameter strings).
- @bill.williams [github.com/bill.williams] (fixed error logs)
- @samisallinen [github.com/samisallinen] (fixed npoll_cmp issue)
- @mhennecke [github.com/mhennecke] (reported client side SNI issue)
Changes from previous release
* [fix] Do not warn about incomplete read/write operations
Log messages about not reading or writing as much data as requested
are tagged as warnings, while this is a perfectly normal situation
when dealing with non-blocking sockets. This results in lots of
unwanted warning messages. This commit tags them as debug messages.
* [fix] Do not warn about incomplete read/write operations. Thanks to
Javier Celaya (github.com/jcelaya). Log messages about not reading
or writing as much data as requested are tagged as warnings, while
this is a perfectly normal situation when dealing with non-blocking
sockets. This results in lots of unwanted warning messages. This
commit tags them as debug messages.
* [fix] Adding support for Debian Stretch
* [fix] Fixed libssl1.1 reference for Debian Stretch.
* [fix] Fixed missing parameter to format string at nopoll_conn.c:3197
Reported by @qianqiangliu. Thanks!
* [fix] Minor fixings to regression-client.c
* [fix] connect error log to report the correct errno
* [fix] Fix connect error log to report the correct errno:
In function __nopoll_conn_sock_connect_opts_internal, after a
connect failure, the log statement
is currently placed after the socket shutdown and close, so that
errno may by changed before the
message is printed.
This change moves the log statement to before the socket shutdown
and close, so that errno is
* [fix] Fixed nopoll_cmp internal check (reported by @samisallinen).
* [fix] Configure SNI indication on TLS client connection.
Closes https://github.com/ASPLes/nopoll/pull/63. Reported by
* [fix] Updated regression test17 to include content
direction. Reverting wrong path to header initialization
values. Added documentation to avoid failing on the same.
Reverting patch (r398 | ananthakrishnan) restoring initial right
values. Added documentation to explain that these are the right
values to make test to run without error.
* [fix] Adding files to support Ubuntu 18 Bionic
* [fix] More fixings to Ubuntu 18 Bionic packaging
* [fix] Added new function, connection option, to allow controlling if
Origin header is added to client init transation:
By default Origin header is always added unless otherwise
configured. Library keeps working the same: it always provides
Origin header (either provided by user or inferred by library)
unless not configured with this API.
* [fix] Updated client side __nopoll_conn_get_client_init to support
not generating Origin header in case it is not defined or it was
disabled by user by calling:
- nopoll_conn_opts_add_origin_header (opts, nopoll_false)
* [fix] Making opts to be optional at __nopoll_conn_get_client_init
* [fix] Updated nopoll_conn_read_pending documentation to better
to use it and some pointers to example.
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L. (ASPL)
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can contact us, using English or Spanish, at:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope noPoll may be useful you. Enjoy noPoll toolkit!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
27th Oct 2020, Madrid (Spain)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the noPoll