[Vortex] Compilation of libvortex

elconio at commonworld.info elconio at commonworld.info
Sun Jul 30 04:36:21 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to compile libvortex on linux (archlinux). The compilation of libaxl goes smoothly. But when I try to compile libvortex, I get an error on line 493 of /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:
                ASN1_BOOLEAN            boolean;

I am using gcc 4.1.1 and openssl 0.9.8b .

This line is in a struct and the error says that it is not possible to have two identifiers on the same line.

So I checked where it was coming from and I found that in libaxl the file axl_decl.h declares line 404:

/**
 * @internal
 * More boolean compatibility declarations.
 */
#ifndef boolean
#define boolean int
#endif

This defines then conflicts with openssl. I checked all the source files .h and .c in axl and vortex and I cannot see any use of the boolean definition (only aboolean or gboolean). So I don't think it is needed anyway. I removed it and my compilation of vortex went smoothly.

I am pretty sure it is harmless, but I may have overlooked something. Anyway I have attached a patch to remove it.

Thanks for the good work,
Pascal.