[Vortex] Get SASL properties

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Jun 12 09:32:34 CEST 2006

El sáb, 10-06-2006 a las 14:40 +0200, Milton YATES escribió:
> Hi,

Hi Milton,

> I'm looking for a way to get the auth_id and password for a given
> connection *on the server*, after it has been authenticated.
>
> I have tried this:
> vortex_sasl_get_propertie (connection, VORTEX_SASL_AUTH_ID);
>
> but this returns NULL, I suppose this only works on the client side? I
> could not find anything else in the documentation.
> How can I get these SASL properties on the server side?

Auth properties, at the server side, wasn't properly propagated to the
application layer, making to always return NULL. Attached to the mail
there is a patch that makes vortex_sasl_get_propertie to work at the
server side.

The patch also includes a new function to get the SASL method that was
negotiated: vortex_sasl_auth_method_used. Finally, the patch also adds
an example to the vortex-sasl-listener.c, at the frame_receive handler,
on how to properly check SASL status, the method used and its
properties.

The patch is generated against the stable 0.8.11 release. I've also
updated the svn with files updated.

> thanks a lot,

To you Milton. Let us to know if this solves the problem.

Thanks for reporting!

> Milton.
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.