[Vortex] Vortex TCP Socket question

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Wed Oct 4 13:45:02 CEST 2006

El mié, 04-10-2006 a las 10:59 +0200, Thomas Unterleitner escribió:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Thomas,

Nice to hear you again,

> is it possible, to establish a tcp socket manually and the vortex lib
> can use this “external” tcp socket?

Sure.

> Such like “vortex_connection_set_socket”

You can use vortex_connection_new_empty [1]. It receives the socket to
be used (it must be already connected) and the role the connection will
play (initiator or listener).

Let me note that the function will use default handlers to perform IO
operations using the socket provided (send, recv). This will work in
most cases, however, if you want to change this behaviour you can use
[2] and [3].

Let us to know if this solves your problem!

> Thanks

Cheers!

> Thomas

[1]