[Vortex] Error running the profile example

Yourch, Chris chris at replicus.com
Tue Aug 28 02:01:20 CEST 2007

I am working with the profile example
http://www.aspl.es/fact/files/af-arch/vortex/html/profile_example.html
and when I run it I get the following error:

(proc 3392): (debug)vortex: init winsocket for windows

(proc 3392): (debug)vortex-win32: winsock initialization ok

(proc 3392): (debug)vortex-support: unable to find file channel.dtd on
channel.dtd

VORTEX_ERROR: unable to load channel.dtd file.

VORTEX_ERROR: unable to load dtd files (this means some DTD (or all)
file wasn't possible to be loaded.

I have copied the contents of the vortex BIN directory to my project's
bin directory and still get the same error. 'Channel.dtd' is definitely
there!

I am using Windows XP SP2, Visual Studio 2005 with a C++ console project
and finally, using vortex-installer-1.0.6.1-w32.exe of Vortex.

On similar note, I downloaded the Vortex source (to try and find out why
vortext_init() fails) and cannot compile the project. The compiler is
looking for <netdb.h> which is included from 'vortex.h' which then
pointed me edit the following macros in axl_config.h as follows:

  //#define AXL_OS_UNIX (1)

  #define AXL_OS_WIN32 (1)