[Vortex] unistd.h with Vortex under Windows

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue Aug 28 10:56:12 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

> While trying to compile a BEEP example app, the Visual Studio 2005 was
> complaining about a missing include file called "unistd.h". I created
> an
> empty "unistd.h" and copied it to the Vortex include/axl folder and
> then
> the compile worked.
>
> Is this file really needed for the Windows version of Vortex?

Not at all. This is interesting because Mark Kane reported this bug, and
it is supposed to be fixed with the installer provided 1.0.6.1. Are you
using that version?

In fact, your solution is really similar to the provided at the
axl_decl.h(66) header:

/* only include unistd.h if unix platform is found or gnu gcc compiler
 * is found */
#if defined(__GNUC__) || defined(AXL_OS_UNIX)
# include <unistd.h>
#endif

Chris, could you check if the axl_decl.h file contains that declaration?

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.