[Vortex] No access to message MIME headers?

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Fri Dec 14 19:27:13 CET 2007

I can't find any way to use the Vortex API to get or set arbitrary
MIME headers of a frame -- only the Content-Type and Content-Transfer-
Encoding are accessible.

On the sending side: It looks like the internal function
__vortex_channel_get_mime_headers creates the headers for an outgoing
message. It allows each channel to set a single content type and
encoding, but doesn't allow these to be set per-message, and doesn't
create any other headers.

On the receiving side: VortexFrame doesn't store the full headers,
only the content type and transfer encoding, so there's no way to get
the others. Even vortex_frame_get_raw_frame, which I thought would let
me parse out the headers myself, doesn't return the original frame
received, but builds up the frame data from its pre-parsed state
(minus the extra headers.)

Did I miss something, or is Vortex really missing support for this
part of the BEEP protocol?

--Jens