[Vortex] version vortex-installer-1.0.12-w32.exe is broken

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Fri Dec 21 20:20:10 CET 2007

Hi Chris,

> I cannot get version 1.0.12 to work. Specifically, I add the path to
> the vortex BIN files via vortex_support_add_search_path and  when I
> call vortex_support_find_data_file(“channel.dtd”) it fails. Finally,
> vortex_init() generates an exception when it is called.
>

> I’ve uninstalled 1.0.12 and reinstalled 1.0.11 and everythnig works so
> the problem lies in the latest version.

The latest version have introduced an internal change to make all
library state to be handled inside a single ctx object, as an initial
step to the 1.1 series.

Due to this, all API calls done to the vortex API before calling to
vortex_init could fail.

Try the following to initialize vortex:

/* init a vortex ctx: in 1.0 only one ctx is supported at the
   same time. */
VortexCtx * ctx = vortex_ctx_new ();

/* set the context to be used by the library
  (this won't be required by next releases) */
vortex_ctx_set (ctx);

/* init the support module before calling to vortex_init */
vortex_support_init (ctx);

/* do here all configuration calls to add path, etc */
vortex_support_add_search_path (...);

/* now init vortex library using the context based api */
if (! vortex_init_ctx (ctx)) {
    /* handle error */
}

....then, to terminate the vortex function you must call to:

vortex_exit_ctx (ctx, true);

..or call to vortex_exit (which will still provide the same function for
1.0 serires).

Cheers!

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.