[Vortex] restarting vortex issue

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue Feb 6 12:39:05 CET 2007

El mar, 06-02-2007 a las 11:38 +0100, Martin Huter escribió:
> hi,

Hi Martin

> i'm looking for a way to - somehow - restart vortex:
> since there are no methods to
> 1) remove profiles and
> 2) remove listeners,
> it is required to restart the application if the configuration in one
> of those
> two named cases above changes.

Ok, I see.

I think the best approach is to provide the enough API that allow to
uninstall profiles (or make them selected under some conditions) and to
add support to stop listeners.

For the first problem it should be possible to add something like
vortex_profiles_unregister, causing the profile to be no longer
available. This isn't still implemented, waiting for your opinion if it
matches with your problem.

For the second problem you can always call to:

   __vortex_connection_set_not_connected (connection, "some error msg");

Currently this API is internal, but we are finding that it is used from
outside the library.

Let me know your opinion Martin,

Cheers!

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.