[Vortex] Vortex Beep and Delphi

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Jun 11 18:32:21 CEST 2007

El lun, 11-06-2007 a las 15:28 +0200, Slot, Wim escribió:
> Hello,

Hi

> I’m looking for a BEEP implementation to use in a Delphi application.
>
> A Google search learned that there were some developments in the past
> within the Vortex BEEP implementation.

Can you provide those results? I didn't heard anything about this...

> Could anybody help me to find information about the possibilities for
> connecting a Delphi application with the vortex Beep implementation?

We know very little about importing or doing bindings to C routines from
Delphi. What I can say is that Vortex API was written in a way it should
be "easy" to write a binding:

 - All interactions with the API are done through functions.

 - All objects provided by the API are opaque to the caller (no direct
   structure access).

 - In general there are no stdarg API with an alternative without
   it.

 - Main objects (frame, channel and connections) implements object
   reference counting, which helps a lot while building bindings.

> Thanks in advance,

I hope it helps, Cheers!

> Wim Slot
>
> Open University of the Netherlands