[Vortex] vortex and beepcore

wojek adun at o2.pl
Mon Sep 17 11:08:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've subscribed to this group because I have permanent problem which I
cannot solve. My application needs to connect to java beep server (using
beepcore java). There's no problem in establishing connection, but I
can't use TLS. I've simple testbed: vortex-tls-listener, vortex-client,
beepd, and bing (server and client respectively). Bing can communicate
with TLS, vortex-client has no problems with vortex-tls-listener. But
any combinations fail.

When trying to "enable tls" in vortex-client (the more important case
for me) I have an error:

"TLS Negociation status: Error, message=Greetings response parsing have
failed before successful TLS negotiation" on vortex side, and

"SEVERE: TLS error: no cipher suites in common" on beepcore side.

It looks like they have no common cipher. Here I don't know if beepcore
uses ciphers from JavsSSE, but if so there is a plenty of them and it's
hard to believe that none matches.

(below you have their transaction saved by sniffer)

I would be grateful for any help.

regards
wojtek

vortex-client -> beepd