[Vortex] hang on quit -- "we still didn't received all replies" over and over

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Mon Apr 7 17:01:30 CEST 2008

On 7 Apr '08, at 2:12 AM, Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:

> Check your listener code to see why over the channel 20 a reply to
> MSG 0
> is still pending. With pending replies the Vortex engine must wait for
> them before closing (without clearly knowing when those replies will
> arrive).

I'll see what's going on in my code, that the message isn't replied to.

But in general, this means that a buggy (or malicious) peer can, by
withholding replies, cause my app to hang forever when closing the
connection. I can't allow that (it's a DoS attack.) Could
vortex_connection_close be modified to use some sort of timeout?

—Jens