[Vortex] PATCH: Fix crash when channel-open is refused

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Wed Apr 9 11:12:48 CEST 2008

Hi Jens,

> Just hit a reproducible crash opening a channel, when the remote
> peer
> refuses. It's in __vortex_channel_new, and it looks like there's a
> missing test for NULL on the 'channel' variable, at line 3342:
>                 if (channel->is_opened &&
> vortex_channel_have_piggyback (channel)) {
> The lines just before do test for NULL, but this line crashes.

Good. I've updated regression test to reproduce and check the patch you
have provided. It is now applied with some minor indent modifications
and ported into 1.1 series. I've taken advantage to also introduce some
checks for error codes returned on channel failure creation.

Thanks for reporting Jens. Cheers!
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.