[Vortex] How to submit patches?

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Mon Apr 14 16:44:46 CEST 2008

On 14 Apr '08, at 1:59 AM, Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:

> I'll try to write a coding style for posting patches. In the meantime
> you can easily mimic coding style around the project.

Two things I've been meaning to ask regarding this:

(1) What text encoding are the files in? Actually the only non-ascii
characters appear to be in the name and address in the header at the
top of each file, but my editor seems to change those characters
around when I save changes, which causes spurious diffs. My editor
defaults to UTF-8, so are the files encoded in something else?

(2) Is the tab character assumed to be 4 or 8 spaces? I think I've
seen places where each appears to be used.

—Jens