[Vortex] Some vortex questions

Benoit Amiaux b.amiaux at ateme.com
Fri Apr 18 14:50:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have some questions about vortex as I'm not completely sure about my
interpretation of the documentation.

1) When using vortex_connection_new(...), after a while, I'd like to
shut down the connection without waiting for the remote peer to reply.
Should I call vortex_connection_unref after vortex_connection_shutdown
because vortex_connection_new gives me one ref on the connection ?

2) Is it correct to do vortex_frame_unref after I'm finished using the
VortexFrame* returned by vortex_channel_wait_reply ? The documentation
example does not but I got memleaks doing the same.

Generally, whenever some vortex or axl function returns a pointer, it's
not always clear whether we just have to drop it, unref it or free it
after use.

Thanks,
Benoît AMIAUX