[Vortex] vortex_connection_is_ok not working properly

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Wed Jan 16 10:14:30 CET 2008

Hi Chris,

> After 1 minute, the local machine then tries to connect using the
> VortexConnection that was cached earlier. vortex_connection_is_ok() is
> called with this cached VortexConnection and it returns true.

I think a miss something in my previous reply.

Do you mean that the cached connection should be closed or not connected
and thus you are expecting vortex_connection_is_ok to return false for
the first time?

If this is right you must check why this function returns true. Once a
connection is broken (due to the remote machine is down) it is
immediately detected and flagged as broken. At this point any call to
vortex_connection_is_ok will return false.

It could happen that a race condition is found while the tcp close for
the broken pipe is received and your client application checks for its
status, but definitively not after 1 minute...

Thinking about the scenario it looks the connection is "reconnected"
before you check for the status, or the connection is ok at the time you
are checking the status...

Cheers!
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.