[Vortex] vortex_channel_set_serialize

Chris Yourch chris at replicus.com
Fri Jul 4 18:40:48 CEST 2008

I currently have to call vortex_channel_set_serialize(true) to make sure my frame handler receives ANS frames in sequential order. The default behavior (when I don't call vortex_channel_set_serialize) is for the ANS frames to be handed to my frame handler out order. i.e. the 1st frame I get is ANS frame 1, the 2nd frame I get is ANS frame 0, the 3rd frame I get is ANS frame 2, etc. I can also get the NUL frame before all ANS frames are received.

It appears that the current implementation of Vortex/BEEP may not be following the BEEP spec? From my understanding, all reply frames (RPY, ERR, ANS) should be received in order. So, if this is the case, vortex_channel_set_serialize() should be removed entirely from the API and ANS frames should always be received in order.

As always, thanks for the hard work!

Chris