[Vortex] message order

dexter dexter at koli.kando.hu
Wed Jun 11 10:37:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a question about the order of the messages.

I tried the following:
Client:
   Opening a new channel, and sending X messages on this 1 channel:
    exampl:
     vortex_channel_send_msgv(channel, &msgno, "hello");
     vortex_channel_send_msgv(channel, &msgno, "hello1");
     vortex_channel_send_msgv(channel, &msgno, "hello2");
     vortex_channel_send_msgv(channel, &msgno, "hello3");
     vortex_channel_send_msgv(channel, &msgno, "hello4");

Server:
   printf the payload of the message in the frame received handler.

Now.. I assumed that I'll  receive all the messages in the same order
that I sent. Namely I expected to print out this: hello, hello1, hello2,
hello3, hello4, ...

But instead of that, sometimes I got this same order, sometimes not.

Is this a bug, or is it intended to be like this?

RFC 3080 2.5.2 says:
"A BEEP session is message-oriented.  A mapping document must define:
how messages on the same channel are received in the same order as
       they were sent; and, ..."

Doesn't this mean that the messages should be received in the same order
that I have sent them (on the same channel)?