[Vortex] "no data were waiting on this non-blocking connection" warning

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Mar 3 18:37:35 CET 2008

Hi Jens,

> My application's getting repeated Vortex warnings of the form:
> 	(vortex-frame-factory) no data were waiting on this non-blocking
> connection (EWOULDBLOCK error)
> This warning comes from vortex_frame_get_next (vortex_frame_factory:
> 914 in my out-of-date sources.) It looks as though it happens when the
> function is called but no data is available from the socket.
>
> Does this actually represent a problem? My program seems to be working
> fine: messages and replies are sent and received correctly. (I believe
> the situation that triggers this warning is when I receive a large
> (32kbyte) reply.)

It doesn't represent a problem at all Jens. Because vortex reader design
is focused on handling non-blocking sockets this message is likely to
appear.

> The warnings get logged at a rate of several per
> second, so they get in the way of my own log messages that I'm trying
> to read.

Maybe the best approach is to block log messages the domain
"vortex-frame-factory" inside your log handler....

Cheers!

> Thanks,
>
> —Jens
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.