[Vortex] Race condition with auto-TLS

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Wed Mar 5 08:16:13 CET 2008

On 4 Mar '08, at 12:39 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

> I'm having trouble with race conditions, where apparently I'm trying
> to open a channel on an incoming connection before the TLS
> negotiations are completely finished. So now I'm trying to figure
> out how my code can be notified that the connection is ready to use.

I"ve been looking through the code trying to figure out a way to do
this (or to extend Vortex to allow it) and I'm stumped. As far as I
can tell, the point where the incoming connection is TLS-ified and
ready to use is when the function __vortex_listener_second_step_accept
returns. But there's no notification to the client that this has
happened.

Am I missing something? Or would I need to add a callback to the
client code at this point? (If so, I can't figure out where to put
it...)

(I realize this is an atypical situation, because normally the process
accepting a connection is a server that waits passively for the first
client request. But my app is P2P, and in some cases a peer may want
to send messages to an incoming connection as soon as it opens.)

Thanks,

—Jens