[Vortex] PATCH: Implemented vortex_channel_set_window_size

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon May 5 19:31:34 CEST 2008

Hi Jens,

> This patch adds a new API function that lets the client change the
> BEEP window size used when a channel receives data:
>
> void vortex_channel_set_window_size (VortexChannel * channel, int
> desired_size);
>
> It also fixes a bug that caused larger window sizes to cause Vortex
> drop the connection (if incomplete SSL cipher blocks were received.)
>
> Larger window sizes are still a big problematic, as on the sending
> side, Vortex still tries to fill the entire window at once; so a
> large
> frame sent through a large window will monopolize the whole socket
> for
> up to (window_size / byte_rate) seconds. However, this does at least
> reduce the bottlenecks in sending data, allowing more of the
> socket's
> bandwidth to be used.

Thanks for the patch. I've applied the part that refers to adding
vortex_channel_set_window_size. The rest wasn't applied due to heavy
changes on areas the patch refers to. If you consider it is still
required, please repost it again.

Thanks for reporting. Cheers!

> —Jens
>
> PS: Patch is relative to SVN-3394 (yesterday's top-of-tree.)

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.