[Vortex] Errors on OS X

Dave Dribin dave-ml at dribin.org
Tue May 6 15:54:51 CEST 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
>> Whoops... not sure why I had 1.0.13.  Just tried again with 1.0.14.
>> Still got all 3 errors.  The backtrace is virtually identical:
>>
>> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
>> Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000
>> [Switching to process 29615 thread 0x317]
>> 0xffff061a in __bzero ()
>> (gdb) bt
>> #0  0xffff061a in __bzero ()
>> #1  0x0007b81c in __vortex_io_waiting_poll_clear (__fd_group=0x0) at
>> vortex_io.c:307
>
> You have to check why you are receiving a NULL value at
> __vortex_io_waiting_poll_clear. This should never happen. Looks like a
> faulty build. Cheers!

I haven't tried to debug the test applications, yet.  Perhaps, I'm
using this program wrong?  But all the vortex-*-listener programs in
the test directory get a buss error.  The vortex-client does actually
startup, so I'm not sure what's up.  I'm just looking for something to
ensure that my build is indeed correct.

-Dave