[Vortex] Vortex 1.1?

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue May 6 19:40:05 CEST 2008

Hi Robert,

> Hi, I have seen Vortex 1.1 mentioned some time now. I assume this is
> still
> beta, right? Or can it be used already?

It can't be used in the sense the API is still changing until the first
release done.

> What are the main changes regarding 1.0?

Mainly two.

1) Library modularization (one base component libvortex-1.1 and a set of
extensions on top of it libvortex-sasl-1.1, libvortex-tls-1.1,
libvortex-xml-rpc-1.1, libvortex-tunnel-1.1, etc).

2) A new context based API which is quite similar than the one provided
by 1.0 but allowing to have several/different vortex configurations
(context) in the same process.

Cheers!

> Robert

You can track all details at: