[Vortex] Regression tests failing on FreeBSD 7.0

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Tue Nov 25 09:23:32 CET 2008

Am 25.11.2008, 00:53 Uhr, schrieb Skye <skye at f4.ca>:

> I should note that the above problem is on an amd64 arch with FreeBSD 7.0...
> I just tested on an i386 7.0 box and the regression tests ran fine, so it
> appears to be amd64 related.

Hi, this could be a code generation problem. Have you cross-checked the compiler switches? I see two possibilities:

1. Explicitly use AMD architecture
2. Explicitly state 32 bit code generation. I'm note sure if the default is 64 bit which might make problems.

> 1. axl-knife would not build on i386 FreeBSD 7.0, I had to ./configure
> --disable-axl-knife to build it.
> The error was:
>
> exarg.o(.text+0x67e):/usr/home/skye/src/axl-0.5.5.b3652.g3652/knife/exarg.c:482:
> undefined reference to `__va_copy'
> *** Error code 1

The "__va_copy" looks like an internal symbol to me. I remember such a thing as well. IIRC it was a windows specific symbol. I just replaced it (in my code) with "va_copy". Maybe an include file sets some symbols wrong that doesn't fit FreeBSD. Have you generated a pre-processes source listing and searched for "__va_copy" first reference? Have you searched your FreeBSD include files to see where this symbol is defined?

--
Robert M. Münch
Mobile: +49 (177) 245 2802