[Vortex] Flushing ANS on a channel

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Oct 27 18:42:12 CET 2008

Hi,

> Actually, it doesn't seem to be.  If I send ANS as fast as I can and
> then
> send NUL like this:
>
> for (i=0..100,000)
>    send_rpy_ans
> send_rpy_nul
> close_channel
>
> Then the listener only receives about 12,000 ANS frames.. it loses
> over 80%
> !!

;-? It shouldn't do this..

> However, if I drain the queue before sending the NUL, 100% of the
> frames are
> received:
>
> for (i=0..100,000)
>     send_rpy_ans
> while (not channel_is_empty)
>     usleep(50)
> send_rpy_nul
> close_channel
>
> Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding?

You are doing well. From your description it looks like a bug however,
I'm not able to reproduce it using latest SVN.

There is a regression test (test_02m inside vortex-regression-client.c)
that performs this operation but it closes properly (no matter how large
is the amount of data sent).

Cheers!

> Thanks,
> Skye