[Vortex] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.17 'Lost keys' release is ready!

Francis Brosnan Blázquez francis at aspl.es
Sun Dec 13 19:58:40 CET 2009

Hi Robert,

> > Another element to keep in mind is all this stuff may change in the near
> > future due to the websocket protocol [2]. In essence like BOSH but clean
> > and well defined, and the most important, part of HTML5.
>
> Hi, since the first websocket prototypes are showing up, have you already
> played around with it and gave it a try?

We are looking with great interest at the protocol but still no too much
real work specifically with it.

At the same time we have been working with a java-socket applet [1] to
provide jsVortex [2] with a cross-web socket API to avoid depending on
firefox nsISocketInterface (which is firefox specific while this applet
allows us to support IE and other java-enabled web browsers). Maybe we
could use this as an step to implement a similar function but providing
WebSocket API.

The unofficial plan (;-) is to fully integrate WebSocket protocol into
Vortex, Turbulence, jsVortex, PyVortex...providing support to write and
expose BEEP services on top of WebSocket API which is an appealing idea.

Cheers!

[1] https://dolphin.aspl.es/svn/publico/af-arch/trunk/jsVortex/socket-connector/

[2] http://www.aspl.es/jsVortex

--