[Vortex] Linking Problem (SASL/TLS prebuilt binaries + VC2005)

Maxim Reality itsmekissme at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 12:21:33 CET 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

"my version of the headers has
> BEGIN_C_DECLS wrapping the declarations of the functions."

I have it for "vortex.h" as well, but it is missing from
"vortex_sasl.h" and "vortex.tls.h" headers. Do you have it on those
files as well?

> A stack trace and some example code would help.

I am using prebuilt binaries and they dont have debug information in
them. The code itself is very simple as it happens in the init (none
of the callbacks are called before the crash happens):

"
          const char* profile = "http://fact.aspl.es/profiles/plain_profile";

	   vortexContext = vortex_ctx_new ();

            if (! vortex_init_ctx (vortexContext)) {
               vortex_ctx_free (vortexContext);
			   throw std::exception("Failed to init Vortex Context");
            }

           ctx = vortexContext;

           vortex_profiles_register(vortexContext, profile,
start_channel, this, close_channel, this, frame_received, this);
           vortex_tls_accept_negotiation
(vortexContext,check_and_accept_tls_request,
certificate_file_location, private_key_file_location);
           vortex_sasl_set_plain_validation (vortexContext,
sasl_plain_validation); //this function call never returns and raises
access violation exception.
"

"Yes. Your first message was only a day ago. Francis might take weekends off."

Ok, thanks for information!

BR,

Juhani