[Vortex] RFC-5573 (Asynchronous Channels for BEEP)

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Fri Jun 19 09:41:48 CEST 2009

> Hi!

Hi Pierre,

> The subject experimental RFC-5573 is pretty new (June 2009) and
> describes a BEEP feature that enables asynchrony for individual
> channels. I would be interested in knowing if there has been talk of
> including this capability in an eventual release of the Vortex
> library.

There is no plan yet to include support for out of other channels but we
will include it soon...

In the other hand, even I initially supported the RFC, after some review
it turns out that features provided by RFC5573 are easily found in
standard and already available BEEP features (through MIME, double
channel pattern or profile built-in support).

In fact, the RFC title is certainly wrong since it should be called "Out
of other replies for BEEP" mostly because BEEP channels *are* already
*asynchronous*.

Cheers!

> Cheers, Pier
ASPL