[Vortex] [beepwg] Re: A couple of features to limit BEEP no reply attack

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Wed Mar 25 11:30:22 CET 2009

Hi Martin,

> Optional reply might be better solved by creating a new message type,
> as David suggested.  That way there is no need to have conditional
> logic to handle the message.

Though a NFY message (one-way notification) would be really interesting,
it will not solve the general request/response pattern without requiring
the application layer to place some MIME message-id to correlate such
interaction.

I have no problem with this though this suppose an approach change where
it is better accepted using MIME as part of the solution.

After giving a try to the problem and perceiving what people say, if
this is the preferred direction (having a new one-way notification frame
type), which is fine for me, I think proper consequences must be taken
on async channels. They won't be required with this new situation.

Cheers!
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.