[Vortex] Build requirements / Python

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon May 24 09:44:40 CEST 2010

> Hi,

Hi Robert,

> I'm trying to get the newest AXL and VORTEX library compiled with
> MingW using ./configure.
>
> For the older releases this always succeeded but now it seems that a
> Python installation is required. Unfortunately there is no official
> MingW Python version.

Ok, I'll check why PyVortex is not optional. It should be disabled
automatically when python is not found. Try passing --disabled-py-vortex
to your ./configure

> - Why is Python now required? These steps make the compile
> infrastructure more and more complicated.

Technically it should only be activated when python environment is
found. In any case, you can still disable it.

> - IIRC you use MingW for Windows as well. How do I setup Python and
> which version is required?

This is a good question. Currently PyVortex is not being built for
windows because there is no python-config script included into official
python win32 installer. This script is used by vortex ./configure to
detect and configure PyVortex....so it is required a bit of work to find
a way to make ./configure to enable pyvortex.

Cheers!

> --
> Robert M. Münch
> Mobile: +49 177 245 2802