[Vortex] vortex alive protocol

DEXTER mydexterid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:10:45 CEST 2010

Ok. After some hours of investigation here's what I found:

When I started to use the alive feature, it went to an infinite loop
on this line: vortex_channel.c:8455
This happened because the incoming_msg list length was always growing
so it never reached the end.
And I think this growing happened because in vortex_alive.c there was
no vortex_channel_send_rpy, only
vortex_channel_send_msgs.

After I modified vortex_alive.c with the attached patch, it seems that
it is working as it should. Though I'm not
really aware of the concept, but I hope this will help you sort things out.

Pls. let me know if the concept was different from what I've modified,
and/or if you've managed to fix this.

thx.