[Vortex] Custom MIME Headers

Jason Dana jdana at tresys.com
Wed Apr 6 21:37:17 CEST 2011

Hello again,

First, thank you Francis for you response to my TLS question.  I believe
the vortex_connection_set_profile_mask method was exactly what I was
looking for.  Not sure how I missed that.  I have another question
though, concerning custom MIME headers.

I am attempting to insert a custom MIME header into a file being served
by a listener/server and I have created a custom payload feeder to do
this.  The payload feeder, in its simplistic form, prepends a custom
MIME header onto the buffer within the payload feeder and then appends
the file being served onto that.

Here is an example of the MIME headers:

Each of these is followed with a CR+LF and a final CR+LF after the last
line.

Following the source in gdb, it appears that the MIME headers are
inserted properly and are at the top of the buffered file.  But,
somewhere along the line the headers appear to be removed and are not
accessible through Vortex's MIME header API.  I have followed gdb for
the client and the server.  Within the server, it appears that the frame
is constructed and sent with the headers intact.  On the
receiving/client end, when the frame reaches my frame_received method,
the headers are nowhere to be found.  I was wondering if you could
possibly point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!

Jason