[Vortex] Unable to send NUL frame to the remote peer when automatic MIME header addition is turned off

subrahmanya sum.sagar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:53:24 CEST 2011

Hi

I disabled automatic MIME header addition using the API
"vortex_profiles_set_automatic_mime". Now I am not able to send NUL frame to
the remote peer.

I debugged vortex code to find the reason. Here is what I found out.
I invoke "vortex_channel_finalize_ans_rpy" API that internally invokes
"__vortex_channel_common_rpy" with message size as zero, message as NULL and
feeder also as NULL. Because automatic MIME header addition is disabled the
following condition in "__vortex_channel_common_rpy" function fails.
"if (feeder == NULL && (message != NULL || data->message_size > 0))"
So it enters the ELSE where it finds that feeder is NULL. Hence the
application crashes.

Thanks
Subrahmanya