[Vortex] Two more possible bugs with the PULL api

Francis Brosnan Blázquez francis at aspl.es
Wed Jun 29 21:10:35 CEST 2011

> Hi,

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for reporting...

> We've found two possible bugs with the PULL api.

Ok,

> 1.: Sometimes when a connection closes, right after the connection
> close event a channel close event happens.
> This channel close - according to the profile - is the alive api's
> channel. As you can see in this case everything is NULL except the
> channel:
> (gdb) p *event
> $2 = {ctx = 0x6221d0, ref_count = 1, ref_count_mutex = {__data =
> {__lock = 0, __count = 0, __owner = 0, __nusers = 0, __kind = 0,
> __spins = 0, __list = {__prev = 0x0,
> __next = 0x0}}, __size = '\000' <repeats 39 times>, __align = 0}, type
> = VORTEX_EVENT_CHANNEL_REMOVED, channel = 0x64ad50, conn = 0x0, frame
> = 0x0, msgno = -1,
> serverName = 0x0, profile_content = 0x0, encoding = 0}

Not sure if this is a bug. If you hold a reference to the connection,
even having it not working (vortex_connection_is_ok returns axl_false
and you didn call to vortex_connection_close), you won't receive this.

In the case you close the connection, you may receive this event this
way (vortex engine nullify conn reference when nobody owns a reference
to avoid passing user level code a pointer to trash).

I've updated docs to state this...

> 2. As we noticed after we call vortex_pull_next_event(ctx), we also
> have to call vortex_event_unref(event) when we're done with the event.
> This is not mentioned in the documentation.

Ok, docs updated....