[Vortex] Rebol Script-Binding / Callback Problem

"Robert M. Münch" robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Mon Mar 14 08:33:36 CET 2011

Am 13.03.2011 um 23:37 schrieb Martin Eliasson:

> Why do you assume it has something to do with multithreading?

Because the same code works in a non-multithreaded DLL.

> How do you set up the connection? Can you paste some code pls.

This won't help, as Rebol has a callback interface where I need to setup some special data-structures and than call a specific function to trigger the callback.

> A wild guess from me is that you use vortex_connection_new() with a callback on_connected. If you read the return value at the bottom of the documentation
> http://www.aspl.es/fact/files/af-arch/vortex/html/group__vortex__connection_g29c7756cc9b4d30de3bd327f90c43f30.html you will see that the function will return NULL and I'm guessing you use this value.

No, I'm trying to return a static string to keep things simpel. The vortex interface seen from Rebol is much more high-level. Meaning, there are only messages exchanged, no vortex internal things.

I think I will try to see how many threads are running and creating a different implementation using the PULL api to avoid threads at all.

Robert