[Vortex] TLS Failure Segfault

Jason Dana jdana at tresys.com
Fri May 25 20:53:29 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I am experiencing an issue with a TLS failure, which I believe I have resolved, but wanted to get some clarification.

Basically, we are getting a segfault when attempting a TLS connection that fails and a subsequent call to vortex_connection_is_ok, with axl_true for destroying the connection if not ok.  What appears to be happening is when the TLS connection is attempted, the original connection is destroyed and then an invalid pointer is returned to the original calling process when TLS fails.  I believe this can be remedied by moving the original connection unref to the end of vortex_tls_invoke_tls_activation.

I have attached a patch for your review.

Jason